BAC’s 2020 “Color in Motion” Arts Festival at the Brevard Zoo (formerly known as Very Special Arts Festival)
February 25 @ 9:45 am - February 27 @ 1:15 pm
BAC’s Color in Motion Festival is a voluntary program creating learning opportunities in the arts for elementary and middle school students with IEP’s.
Teachers are encouraged to bring peers from general education classes as appropriate. Our goal is to help children succeed in school and their communities by engaging in quality arts experiences.
Teachers that register to participate in the Festival also agree to conduct an art project with their class that will be on display during the festival.
Teachers who wish to attend the Festival are required to register no later than Friday, September 27, 2019. Only pre-registered elementary and middle school ESE classrooms are able to attend and the registration deadline is strictly enforced.
Online Registration is Open at: http://bit.ly/BACArtFest
- Each teacher must register their class with the number of students they have at that time.
- Classrooms will receive an email with the assigned Festival date after registration has ended.
- Transportation is not provided by BAC to the Festival. Please arrange your own transportation through your school administration once you have received your assigned date.
- Student admission is paid for by BAC; teachers, accompanying staff and bus drivers and chaperones receive free admission courtesy of Brevard Zoo.
- Name tags must be provided by each teacher and worn by each student with the student’s first name, teacher’s name, and school name on each tag.
- Chaperones, school field trip permission forms and media releases for each student need to be obtained prior to the Festival by the teachers. VERY IMPORTANT that those not able to be photographed MUST wear a red ribbon. Red ribbons will be provided at the Teacher Sign In Table at front of the zoo and they must be worn by students that do not have signed media releases on file at their school.
- Any special accommodations for students are to be handled by teachers/chaperones.
- Lunch is not provided so please bring your own bagged lunches and/or coolers. You also are welcome to purchase lunch at the Zoo.