BAC’s newest program is designed to offer individuals with differing abilities who have a strong interest in transitioning into community employment the chance to achieve their goals through this multidisciplinary, structured program.
Through individualized goal setting and training, participants are taught skills in high demand industries like hospitality, retail and light manufacturing in-house via work “pods” designed to mimic the actual work setting. To ensure that hard and soft skills necessary to work in a particular employment environment are taught accurately and appropriately, an Industry Advisory Council (IAC) consisting of industry leaders throughout the community is part of the program. Currently, those serving on the IAC are:
- Joe Baker, Beef O’Brady’s
- Aleksander Bologna, Vocational Rehabilitation
- Thomas Charland, Harris Corporation
- Sheryl Cost, CareerSource-Brevard
- Scott Ellis, Brevard County Clerk of Courts
- Puneet Kapur, Holiday Inn Express-Palm Bay
- Tom Kammerdener, Aging Matters
- Mike Klenotich, Lucky’s Market-West Melbourne
- Emily Magee, Eastern Florida State College
- Pegi Marsh, Palmer Inn and Tennis Center
- Scott Nelson, Space Coast Area Transit
- Elizabeth Ortiz, Adcomm
- Laura Sidoran, Eastern Florida State College
- Julie Thompson, Lotane & Associates, P.A.
Industry leaders interested in joining the IAC can contact Mike Murphy
or call (321) 632-8610, ext. 226.