Industry Readiness Training Program
BAC’s newest program is the only adult (age 22 and up) work transition program in Brevard County, and the only non-university affiliated one in the state. This multidisciplinary, structured program is designed to offer individuals with differing abilities who have a strong interest in transitioning into community employment the chance to achieve their goals.
Through individualized goal setting and training, participants are taught skills in high demand industries like hospitality, retail and light manufacturing at local work “pods” in Brevard. Currently, work pods are located at Perkins Restaurant, the Sharing Center of Central Brevard and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Cocoa. In addition, Bright Feats provides participants training opportunities within the IRT program’s headquarters.
To ensure that hard and soft skills necessary to work in a particular employment environment are taught accurately and appropriately, an Industry Advisory Council (IAC) consisting of industry leaders throughout the community is part of the program. The following professionals serve on the IAC:
- Joe Baker, Beef O’Brady’s
- Aleksander Bologna, Vocational Rehabilitation
- Thomas Charland, Harris Corporation
- Sheryl Cost, CareerSource-Brevard
- Scott Ellis, Brevard County Clerk of Courts
- Puneet Kapur, Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Palm Bay
- Tom Kammerdener, Aging Matters
- Mike Klenotich, Lucky’s Market-West Melbourne
- Emily Magee, Eastern Florida State College
- Pegi Marsh, Palmer Inn and Tennis Center
- Trudy McCarthy, EDC of Florida’s Space Coast
- Scott Nelson, Space Coast Area Transit
- Elizabeth Ortiz, Adcomm
- D. Travis Proctor, Artemis, The IT Company
- Eva Rey, The Viera Company
- Laura Sidoran, Eastern Florida State College
- Julie Thompson, Lotane & Associates, P.A.
- Rose Thron, Marketing World Specialties
Want to know more about the IRT? Contact Mike Murphy
or call 321.735.8513.