Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the efficient, effective, and safe operation of the Adult Day Training program for Brevard Achievement Center in compliance with all applicable rules, regulations, and laws.
- Position is primarily focused on managing other people and resources (budget) and ensuring compliance with regulations regarding the service provision of persons with disabilities
- Oversees the day-to-day administrative operations of the Habilitation department in accordance with regulatory and funding requirements, and in accordance to our Policies and Procedures and Strategic Plans
- Reviews applicable department Policies and Procedures
- Collaborates with Department VP to set policy and department rules
- Ensures departmental contract and grant compliance in meeting quality standards and deadlines; oversees staff completion of required reports and client-related billing data to ensure quality control.
- Ensures that client records and services are maintained in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting criteria
Bachelor’s degree in human services, business or related field; supplemented by six or more years of progressively responsible experience working in care planning for individuals with disabilities (IWD), vocational rehabilitation, and community relations, including at least two years of supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience. Must satisfy Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) Level 2 background screening requirements. Must have first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external defibrillator (AED) certifications.
Experience with disability-service and multi-division organizations
Core Skills & Capabilities
- Knowledge of community organizations and social service programs
- Knowledge of principles and procedures related to supported living services
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Proficient Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, and Excel) and applicable department/organization specific software
Full Time: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Competitive Benefits – including group insurance coverage for health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability income benefits; Flexible Spending Account; Paid leave benefits for Vacation, Holidays and Sick Leave; 401(k) Retirement Plan (pre-tax and Roth options) with employer contributions; and more!
Accepting applications through Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Applications can be completed through our website: www.bacbrevard.com
*A completed application is required*
Brevard Achievement Center
Providing innovative services for individuals with disabilities to achieve personal success!
1845 Cogswell St.; Rockledge, FL 32955; Fax: 321-609-4471
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, being a veteran, female, minority or in another protected group. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.