This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform specified housekeeping work according to time schedules.
- May include for example, removal/disposal of trash, cleaning offices, restroom and other specified areas; dusting vacuuming and sweeping; polishing; shampoo carpets; glass cleaning; and restoring paper and soap supplies.
- Answer housekeeping calls and other specified housekeeping tasks as required.
- Maintain supplies and equipment under established procedures.
Education: High School diploma (or equivalent).
Experience: Two years of custodial or comparable experience preferred.
Skills and Capabilities
- Good communication skills (e.g., able to effectively respond to common inquiries or complaints; able to satisfactorily present information in oral or written formats.
- Must hold/able to obtain a Base security pass.
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional. Service oriented.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to identify issues or problems, evaluate and draw valid conclusions.
- Attentive to detail for quality performance.
- Requirements will vary depending on the assigned tasks. This position does require extraordinary physical demands (e.g., lifting, push/pull, carrying, climbing, squatting, kneeling and prolonged standing). Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving a minimum of 40 pounds with a maximum of 60 pounds.
Shift: Evening, Monday starts at 3pm, Tues thru Friday starts at 6pm.
Hourly Rate: $9.89
Accepting applications until position is filled…
Applications may be completed via this website by clicking the apply now button
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, being a veteran, female, minority or in another protected group. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
 See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program.