Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use a full range of quality cooking procedures from common and frequently used new or difficult recipes.
- Prepare a variety of meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, sauces and gravies.
- Must be able to work Pizza Station and preparation of all toppings for customized Pizzas.
- On a day-to-day basis prepare multiple menu items for one meal which involve planning and coordination steps to ensure that all items are ready for serving at the same time.
- Keep Shift Supervisor or Cook II informed of overall work operation (e.g., activities, progress, delays).
- Assure established safety and housekeeping procedures are followed by all workers on shift.
Education: High School diploma (or equivalent). Must have or able to obtain Food Handlers Certificate in 3 months period after starting.
Experience: Two years of experience in food service with at least one year with proven work record of Cook I level responsibilities.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Must hold/able to obtain a Base security pass
- Able to plan, coordinate and effectively prepare food on time, without over/under cooking or excessive waste. Able to adjust recipes for servings required.
- Good Customer Service.
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional.
- Solid understanding of good nutrition and cooking skills. Able to recognize food characteristics (e.g., raw materials are fresh, judge prepared food by color, consistency, temperature, odor and taste).
- Must know food handling and storage practices; and the ability to appropriately requisition supplies.
Full Time, Shift – Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 4pm-8:30pm. Saturday – 12pm – 2pm and Sunday, 11:30am – 8pm.
Hourly Rate: $11.84
Accepting applications until positions filled…
Applications may be completed through our website: https://bacbrevard.com/
*A completed application is required*:
Brevard Achievement Center
Providing innovative services for individuals with disabilities to achieve personal success!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
See https://www.abilityone.gov/ “About Us” page for history of this program.