This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Use a full range of quality cooking procedures from common and frequently used new or difficult recipes. Prepare a variety of meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables, sauces and gravies.
- On a day-to-day basis prepare multiple menu items for one meal which involve planning and coordination steps to ensure that all items are ready for serving at the same time.
- Keep Shift Supervisor or Cook II informed of overall work operation (e.g., activities, progress, delays).
- Assure established safety and housekeeping procedures are followed by all workers on shift.
Education: High School diploma (or equivalent). Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Experience: Two years of experience in food service with at least one year with proven work record of Cook I level responsibilities.
- Able to plan, coordinate and effectively prepare food on time, without over/under cooking or excessive waste. Able to adjust recipes for servings required.
- Good communication skills (e.g., able to effectively respond to common inquiries or complaints; able to effectively present information in oral or written formats).
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional.
- Solid understanding of good nutrition and cooking skills.
- Results and people oriented – able to balance needs and requirements of individuals as well as our priorities and preferences.
- Attentive to detail for quality performance.
- Must know food handling and storage practices; and the ability to appropriately requisition supplies.
Full Time position
Day Shift: Mon-Fri 7:00am – 3:00pm. (May have to work 1 weekend day per month)
Hourly Rate: $11.84
Accepting applications until position is filled…
Applications may be obtained through our website: www.bacbrevard.com
Or in person at:
Brevard Achievement Center
1845 Cogswell St.,Rockledge, FL 32955
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, being a veteran, female, minority or in another protected group. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
 See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program.