This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all grounds, select housekeeping and facility work according to contract quality and time schedules.
- Oversee the activities, timekeeping and schedules of the grounds and select housekeeping associates to ensure accomplishment of activities and projects.
- Ensures quality assurance standards are met via electronically imputed inspections.
- Provide corrective actions for unsatisfactory findings.
- Provide on-going training and skill development. Maintain work-areas in neat and orderly condition.
- Maintain current inventory of supplies and equipment; Ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of tools and equipment.
- Assure proper laundering and inventory of cloths, microfiber materials, mop-heads, privacy curtains and other associated laundry materials.
Three years of lawn maintenance experience or comparable years in grounds maintenance. Candidate must have an extensive knowledge of irrigation systems and equipment. Two years of supervisory experience in establishing schedules and man-hours. Must have knowledge of herbicides and pesticides. Prefer incumbent has experience or familiarity with managing service contracts and grounds/landscape bidding.
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional. Service oriented.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to identify issues or problems, evaluate facts, and draw valid conclusions.“Able to think on your feet”.
- Attentive to detail for quality performance.
- Needs to maintain a solid working understanding of maintenance and safety practices.
- Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving a minimum of 40 pound and a maximum of 60 pounds.
Full Time with Benefits
Schedule to work Monday thru Thursday and Saturdays. Must have reliable transportation.
Hourly Rate: $15.50
Accepting applications until position is filled…
Applications can be completed through our website: www.bacbrevard.com
Brevard Achievement Center
1845 Cogswell St., Rockledge, FL 32955
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, being a veteran, female, minority, or in another protected group. We are a Drug-Free Workplace
See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program.