This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform specified ground maintenance support according to specified contract methods.
- Mow, edge and trim assigned sections of lawn; blow and dispose of all lawn debris in a proper manner. Lawn areas are to be kept green and healthy year round.
- Ensure proper fertilization of grounds at scheduled intervals.
- Maintain appearance of bushes shrubs and vegetation.
- Ensure all equipment (gas and electrical) is operating properly and safely under established procedures. Keep Supervisor timely informed of equipment problems, major repair needs, and quality issues.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Experience: One year related experience.
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional. Service oriented.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to identify issues or problems, evaluate facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Attentive to detail for quality performance.
- Needs to maintain a solid working understanding of maintenance and safety practices.
- Must be able to obtain/retain a security (base access) pass.
- Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving a minimum of 40 pound and a maximum of 60 pounds.
Must be flexible to work Saturdays
Hourly Rate: $11.82
Accepting applications until position is filled…
Applications may be completed via this website by clicking the apply online button
Or in person at:
Brevard Achievement Center
1845 Cogswell St., Rockledge, FL 32955
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
 See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program.