This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Position Overview: Responsible for performing assigned ground maintenance duties in an efficient and effective manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform specified ground maintenance support according to specified contract methods.
- Mow, edge and trim assigned sections of lawn; blow and dispose of all lawn debris in a proper manner. Lawn areas are to be kept green and healthy year round.
- Ensure proper fertilization of grounds at scheduled intervals.
- Maintain appearance of bushes shrubs and vegetation.
- Ensure all equipment (gas and electrical) is operating properly and safely under established procedures. Keep Supervisor timely informed of equipment problems, major repair needs, and quality issues.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Experience: One year related experience.
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional. Service oriented.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to identify issues or problems, evaluate facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Attentive to detail for quality performance.
- Needs to maintain a solid working understanding of maintenance and safety practices.
- Must be able to obtain/retain a security (base access) pass.
- Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving a minimum of 40 pound and a maximum of 60 pounds.
Full Time, Monday thru Friday, 4pm to 8:30pm
Must be flexible to work Saturdays
Hourly Rate: $11.47
Accepting applications until position is filled...
Applications can be completed through our website: www.bacbrevard.com
Brevard Achievement Center
1845 Cogswell St., Rockledge, FL 32955
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, being a veteran, female, minority, or in another protected group. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
 See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program.