Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all phases of the ground’s operation meet contract specifications and quality assurance standard.
- Oversee the activities, time keeping, and schedule of the BAC grounds associates to ensure accomplishment of activities and projects.
- Ensures quality assurance standards are met via electronically entered inspections.
- Maintain and monitor supply orders and equipment maintenance within budget restrictions.
- Provide corrective actions for unsatisfactory findings
- Provide ongoing training, skills development, and subject area expertise.
- Prepare documentation or reports required for agency or contract use. Ensure accurate recording of labor hours, work performed or related information.
- Maintain strong working relationship with the Government Quality Assurance Staff regarding services provided and additions/deletions to services verified by contracting representative (COR).
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Other combination of education and experience may be considered.
Experience: Three years of lawn maintenance experience or comparable years in grounds maintenance. Candidate must have an extensive knowledge of irrigation systems and equipment. Two years of supervisory experience in establishing schedules and man-hours. Must have knowledge of herbicides and pesticides.
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional. Service oriented.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to identify issues or problems, evaluate facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to “think-on-your-feet”.
- Solid grounds / irrigation maintenance skills.
- Have or obtain relevant grounds maintenance certifications to include chemical application and pest and weed control.
- Candidate should have strong knowledge of Florida plants and trees.
- Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving a minimum of 40 pound and a maximum of 80 pounds.
Full Time with Benefits
Must have flexible schedule and willing to work Saturdays. Must have reliable transportation.
Hourly Rate: $15.50
Accepting applications until position is filled…
Applications can be completed through our website: www.bacbrevard.com
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace
See https://www.abilityone.gov/ “About Us” page for history of this program