This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Floor care positions include waxing and buffing floors and shampooing carpets. Experience in floor care is required
- Perform specified aseptic cleaning and housekeeping work according to contract quality, frequency and time schedules.
- Alternate for operating room suite and Specialized Terminal Clean areas as needed.
- Responsible for collecting and storing bio-medical waste.
- Be able to clean other areas of the clinic with little or no notice.
- Ensure quality assurance standards are met via daily inspections.
- Candidates should be willing to work varied schedule, including weekends
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Two years of custodial or comparable healthcare experience and preferably one year of (aseptic) cleaning experience/bio-medical waste training or hospital housekeeping.
- Requirements will vary depending on the assigned tasks. This position does require bending, squatting, kneeling, and prolonged standing). Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving a minimum of 40 with a maximum of 60 pounds.
- Involves exposure to hazardous materials, e.g., cleaning solutions and biological wastes
- Attentive to detail for quality performance.
- Time management is essential.
- Individual needs to satisfy program’s target population certification criteria.
(Note: May be waived if population demographics are materially greater than contractual requirements or for other defined operational purposes.)
Full Time, evening shift – 20 + 40hrs a week have reliable transportation.
Hourly Rate: $11.97
Accepting applications until position is filled…
Applications may be obtained through our website: www.bacbrevard.com
Or in person at:
Brevard Achievement Center
1845 Cogswell St., Rockledge, FL 32955
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, being a veteran, female, minority or in another protected group. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program.