This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all housekeeping work according to contract quality and time schedules.
- Oversee the activities of the custodial staff to ensure accomplishment of daily activities.
- Understand contract requirements as it relates to their position.
- Ensures quality assurance standards are met via visual inspections. Provide on-going training.
- Maintain supplies and equipment under established procedures.
- Answer housekeeping calls and other specified housekeeping tasks as required.
Education: High School diploma (or equivalent).
Experience: Two years of custodial or comparable experience of which one year needs to have had supervising responsibility.
- Must hold/able to obtain a security pass, Secret level Clearance and DCF background screenings.
- Must be able to maintain vehicles as required and basic equipment maintenance.
- Solid communication skills, (e.g., able to effectively respond to common inquires or complaints; able to satisfactorily present information in oral and written formats).
- Effective interpersonal abilities and reasoning ability (e.g., able to think-on- your- feet).
- Requirements will vary depending on the assigned tasks. This position does require bending, squatting, kneeling, and prolonged standing. Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving a minimum of 40 with a maximum of 60 pounds.
Monday – Friday, 6:45am-3:30pm (45min unpaid lunch), must have flexible schedule to include nights and weekends.
Hourly Rate: $13.00
Accepting applications until position is filled…
Applications may be completed through our website: www.bacbrevard.com
Or in person at:
Brevard Achievement Center
1845 Cogswell St., Rockledge, FL 32955
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, being a veteran, female, minority or in another protected group. We are a Drug-Free Workplace
 See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program.