This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Preform specified work according to contract and time schedules.
- May include for example, removal/disposal of trash; cleaning all hard floors; processing room preparation/wrapping area; clean sinks, drains, meat trays, racks, rails and other specified areas, work environment described as cold and may become wet from the spray equipment.
- Other specified housekeeping tasks as required.
- Maintain supplies and equipment under established procedures.
Education: High School diploma (or equivalent).
Experience: Two years of custodial or comparable experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory background screening to obtain base access.
- Solid communication skills (e.g., able to effectively respond to common inquiries or complaints; able to satisfactorily present information in oral or written formats).
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional. Service oriented.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to identify issues or problems, evaluate facts and draw valid conclusions. Able to “think-on-you-feet”.
- Good administrative skills; comfortable performing multiple tasks concurrently; and attentive to detail for quality performance.
- Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving of minimum of 40 lbs. with a maximum of 60 lbs.
Shift: Evening (Tuesday thru Saturday to include holidays)
Hourly Rate: $10.39
Accepting applications until position is filled…
Applications can be completed through our website: www.bacbrevard.com
*A completed application is required*
Brevard Achievement Center
Providing innovative services for individuals with disabilities to achieve personal success!
1845 Cogswell St.; Rockledge, FL 32955; Fax: 321-609-4471
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, being a veteran, female, minority or in another protected group. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
 See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program.