This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform specified housekeeping work according to time schedules.
- May include for example, removal/disposal of trash, cleaning offices, restroom and other specified areas; dusting vacuuming and sweeping; polishing; shampoo carpets; glass cleaning; and restoring paper and soap supplies.
- Answer housekeeping calls and other specified housekeeping tasks as required.
- Maintain supplies and equipment under established procedures.
- Education: High School diploma (or equivalent).
- Experience: Two years of custodial or comparable experience preferred.
- Good communication skills (e.g., able to effectively respond to common inquiries or complaints; able to satisfactorily present information in oral or written formats).
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional. Service oriented.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to identify issues or problems, evaluate and draw valid conclusions.
- Attentive to detail for quality performance.
- This position does require extraordinary physical demands (e.g., lifting, push/pull, carrying, climbing, squatting, kneeling and prolonged standing). Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving a minimum of 40 pounds with a maximum of 60 pounds.
Part time (Typically 24 hours/week)
Shift: Night / varied days of the week / weekend and holidays
Pay Rate: $12.30hr.
Accepting applications until position is filled…
Applications can be completed through our website: www.bacbrevard.com
Or Faxed to our main Office:
Brevard Achievement Center – Att: Human Resources
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, being a veteran, female, minority or in another protected group. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
 See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program.