Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform specified custodial work according to time schedules.
- May include for example, removal/disposal of trash, cleaning offices, restroom and other specified areas;
- dusting, vacuuming and sweeping; polishing;
- shampoo carpets; stripping and waxing floors; glass cleaning; and restoring paper and soap supplies.
- Answer custodian calls and other specified custodial task as required.
- Maintain supplies and equipment under established procedures.
- Be willing and able to work varied schedules including weekends
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: 6 months of custodial or comparable experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a base security clearance at required levels to access Kennedy Space Center.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional. Service oriented.
- Able to work independently and follow instructions.
- Attentive to detail for quality performance.
- Requirements will vary depending on the assigned tasks. This position does require bending, squatting, kneeling, and prolonged standing). Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving a minimum of 40 with a maximum of 60 pounds.
Part-time 3 days, 24hrs a week. Candidate must have a flexible schedule for additional shifts when needed to include nights, weekends and holidays
Hourly Pay: $17.88
Accepting applications until positions are filled…
Applications may be completed through our website: https://bacbrevard.com/
*A completed application is required*:
Brevard Achievement Center
Providing innovative services for individuals with disabilities to achieve personal success!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
See https://www.abilityone.gov/ “About Us” page for history of this program