This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform specified custodial work according to time schedules.
- May include for example, removal/disposal of trash, cleaning offices, restroom and other specified areas; dusting, vacuuming and sweeping; polishing; shampoo carpets; stripping and waxing floors; glass cleaning; and restoring paper and soap supplies.
- Answer custodian calls and other specified custodial task as required.
- Maintain supplies and equipment under established procedures.
- Be willing and able to work varied schedules including weekends
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: Two years of custodial or comparable experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a base security clearance at required levels to access Kennedy Space Center.
- Involves exposure to hazardous materials, e.g., cleaning solutions and biological wastes.
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional. Service oriented.
- Able to work independently and follow instructions.
- Attentive to detail for quality performance.
- Requirements will vary depending on the assigned tasks. This position does require bending, squatting, kneeling, and prolonged standing). Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving a minimum of 40 with a maximum of 60 pounds.
Part-time 3 days, 24hrs a week. Candidate must have a flexible schedule for additional shifts when needed. And have reliable transportation.
Hourly Pay: $17.88
Accepting applications until positions are filled…
*A completed application is required*
Applications can be completed through our website: www.bacbrevard.com
In person at Brevard Achievement Center 1845 Cogswell St.; Rockledge, FL 32955; or faxed to 321-609-4471
Providing innovative services for individuals with disabilities to achieve personal success!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, being a veteran, female, minority or in another protected group. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program.