This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform specified aseptic cleaning and housekeeping work according to contract quality, frequency and time schedules.
- Alternate for operating room suite area as needed.
- Responsible for collecting and storing bio-medical waste.
- Supply distribution to all housekeeping closets.
- Be able to clean other areas of the clinic with little or no notice.
- Ensure quality assurance standards are met via daily inspections.
- Collect and wash laundry.
- Answer housekeeping calls daily.
- Education: High School diploma (or equivalent).
- Experience: One year of experience in floor care and preferably one year of (aseptic) cleaning experience/bio-medical waste training or hospital housekeeping.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a security pass.
- Must have Microbiological (Aseptic) Custodial Certification or obtain one within three months.
- Must have Floor Care Certification and specialized floor care equipment training or obtain one within three months.
- Good communication skills (e.g., able to effectively respond to common inquiries or complaints; able to satisfactorily present information in oral or written formats).
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional. Service oriented.
- Attentive to detail for quality performance.
- Time management is essential.
- Individual needs to satisfy program’s target population certification criteria.
- (Note: May be waived if population demographics are materially greater than contractual requirements or for other defined operational purposes.)
- Will involve operating housekeeping related equipment and often lifting/moving 40 to 60 pounds.
Part Time , candidate must have reliable transportation and a flexible schedule.
Hourly Pay: $11.97
Accepting applications until positions filled…
Applications may be completed via this website by clicking the Apply Online button
*A completed application is required*:
Brevard Achievement Center
Providing innovative services for individuals with disabilities to achieve personal success!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program