Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides oversight of client health, well-being, safety, financial interests and the like.
- Provides assistance to clients in the acquisition, retention, and improvement of daily living skills to include household chores, meal preparation, shopping, and personal finances; provides housing location assistance as needed
- Develops and implements training on client safety, behavior issues, and setting individualized goals
- Monitors client behavior and provides counseling as needed to ensure safety and physical and emotional well-being; resolves client complaints and concerns; communicates any issues with appropriate parties in a timely manner
- Assists with program planning and implementation activities; monitors and evaluates effectiveness; makes suggestions for improvement as needed
- Completes all implementation plans and reports in an accurate and timely manner; submits plans and reports to program management and other authorized recipients as scheduled
- Maintains documentation on individual client objectives and progress toward goals; submits documentation to program management and other authorized recipients
- Provides departmental assistance as needed
- Coordinates and attends meetings as required
- Local travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience: GED; supplemented by four years of experience in education and/or providing life skills training to individuals with disabilities (IWD); or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, and professional standards in the field of habilitation services for individuals with disabilities (IWD)
- Knowledge of community organizations and social service programs
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for employee support services
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to handle confidential employment information with tact and discretion
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret program related laws and regulations and establish necessary work processes and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure that deadlines are met
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to arrive at solutions and suggest improvements to processes
- Ability to regularly attend work and arrive punctually for designated work schedule
Part Time (Less than 30 hours per week)
Hourly rate starting at $14.86, based on experience and capabilities.
Some Benefits offered
Accepting applications until position is filled…
Applications may be completed via this website by clicking the apply online button
Or in person at:
Brevard Achievement Center
1845 Cogswell St., Rockledge, FL 32955
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.