This is an Ability One training program to provide work opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform specified housekeeping work according to the specified contracted methods of cleaning.
- May include, for example, removal/disposal of trash, cleaning offices, restroom and other specified areas; dusting vacuuming and sweeping; polishing; glass cleaning; and restoring paper and soap supplies.
- Properly dispose any hazardous waste material.
- Answer housekeeping calls and other specified housekeeping task as required.
- Maintain supplies and equipment under established procedures.
- If assigned to the floor maintenance, primarily duties include:
- Ensure adequate supplies are on hand to meet contract needs.
- Work with Lead/Project Manager to ensure expendable supplies and cost is within the contract budget.
- Provide quality floor maintenance to buildings serviced under contract.
- High School diploma (or equivalent).
- Two years of custodial or comparable experience preferred. One year experience of floor maintenance preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a security pass.
- Good communication skills (e.g., able to effectively respond to common inquiries or complaints; able to satisfactorily present information in oral or written formats).
- Effective interpersonal abilities. Able to get along with diverse personalities; is tactful and professional. Service oriented.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to identify issues or problems, evaluate and draw valid conclusions.
- Attentive to detail for quality performance.
- Will involve operating equipment, lifting/moving a minimum of 40 pounds with a maximum of 60 pounds.
Part Time, evening shift Mon thru Fri 4:30pm – 8:30pm.
Hourly Rate: $11.47
Accepting applications thru Friday, 2/1/19
Applications may be obtained through our website: www.bacbrevard.com
Or in person at: Brevard Achievement Center
1845 Cogswell St., Rockledge, FL 32955
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, being a veteran, female, minority or in another protected group. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
See www.AbilityOne.com’s “About Us” page for history of this program.