BAC was well represented at this year’s Florida Association of Rehabilitation Facilities (FARF) and RESPECT of Florida’s annual awards luncheon held on Wednesday, November 1 in Clearwater Beach. Staff members, clients and a community advocate for students with disabilities each received awards at the event.
Below is a list of BAC’s award winners:
- Excellence in Public Service Award – Matt Susin, Brevard County School Board Member – District 4
- Excellence in Innovation Award – BAC’s Transportation program
- Legislative Advocate of the Year – Andy Vega, VP of Habilitation (HAB)
- Circle of Champions Award – Chris Price, Employment Services Coordinator
- Rookie of the Year Award(s) – Darius S., HAB Production Client; Janessa I. and Ja’Quan W., DOT Contract Associates
- Most Improved Employee of the Year – Chris L., HAB Production Client
- Employee of the Year, Commodities and Services – Colin L., HAB Production Client
“While all nominees also are recognized, clients and associates that receive awards are commended for exceeding employer expectations,” said BAC President and CEO, Amar Patel. “This annual celebration not only instills a sense of pride and accomplishment in all nominees, but their family members as well.”
Susin was elected to the Brevard County School Board in 2016 and is a strong proponent of adding more vocational training in high schools across Brevard to give students, including those with disabilities, a chance to be more competitive in the job market to meet increasing employer demand. For this reason, BAC nominated Susin for the Excellence in Public Service Award and are proud that FARF and RESPECT of Florida chose him to be this year’s recipient.
Client and associate award winners each received one night at the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, where the ceremony was held, two complimentary lunches for them and a guest, $50 cash and a plaque.